Unimrkt Research respects the privacy of visitors to its websites. Unimrkt Research (also referred to as “Company”, “we” or “our”) respects the relationships, we have with our customers and respects the privacy of all individuals, whose Personal Information may be processed by Unimrkt Research in the performance of our services and our business operations.
This Document Describes
What qualifies as Personal Data
Personal data are information that directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, indirectly meaning when combined with other information, for example, your name, postal address, email address and phone number, or a unique device identifier.
Through this website, Unimrkt Research may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you voluntarily submit it to us.
Lawful Collection and Use of Personal Data
If we intend to use your personal data that we process with your consent for purposes other than communicated in such consent, we will inform you in advance and, in cases where the processing is based on your consent, use your personal data for a different purpose only with your permission.
- To respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- To contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you
- To share with agents, contractors or partners of Unimrkt Research in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, our firm. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using Personal Data in any way other than to provide services for Unimrkt Research. We may, for example, provide Personal Data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, but those parties cannot use your Personal Data for their own purposes unrelated to the work they are doing for us
- To respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- Contact you for studies via email, through mobile notifications or texts or any other proposed communication options
- Inform you of updates to our services, new features and details relevant to you through communications
- Select you for future studies and help you when you contact our support team
- Allow us to reward you with the promised incentives
- Protect Unimrkt Research from fraudulent behavior by investigating suspected activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
- Prevent multiple entries in studies by the same individuals
- Update, enrich and clean our database to improve our usage of data, allowing us to better select you for studies and receive communications
We have set out below more detailed information about how we use personal data. We are also required by law to explain the legal basis for processing personal data. These legal bases are listed below and could be different for each use case:
- We have your consent for the use of your personal data
- We need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation
- We need to process your data in order to protect your vital interests or someone else
- The processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or
- The use of your personal data is necessary for us (or our clients’) legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
We will never misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing. If you receive an email that concerns you, purporting to be from us, please let us know.
Unimrkt Research will also use your personal data for the purposes as described below. We do not collect and process more or other types of personal data than are necessary to fulfill the respective purposes.
- Registration data and direct communication
- For many services we collect your personal data, like: name, postal address, phone number and email address (“Registration Data”). We use your Registration Data to communicate with you about our services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your Registration Data as well as the content of our communication to respond to you when you contact us.
- Participation in Panels
If you choose to participate in a panel, we will, in addition to the Registration Data, collect the relevant information, including personal data. For instance, we collect such personal data:
We will analyze and evaluate this Panel Data, aggregate the Panel Data with the Panel Data of other participants and use the Panel Data for market research purposes.
- in the course of surveys, conducted online, via phone or face to face,
- by way of automated data collection by hardware or software web-tracking and audience measurement means such as tracking applications, browser add-ons, TV meters and special internet routers (data regarding your use of the Internet, streaming and social media platforms and other (online) media channels, as well as your digital devices in general),
- you actively provide us with during your participation (for example, by means of applications or devices)
(collectively referred to as "Panel Data").
- Legal obligations and legal defense
- We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention, fraud or any other abuse of our services and IT systems. We may also use your personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, or to protect or enforce our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- PII may be collected prior to execution of the survey proposed and at the time of their enrollment, participants may consent to providing additional sensitive data including personal data, race/ethnic origin, political/religious opinions, etc.
- The identity of the respondents is confidential and the details will not be communicated to third parties.
- Individuals authorized to view the responses, whether they are representatives of the study sponsor or third parties, are not permitted to disclose personally identifiable information (PII) about participants to others in their organization or other organizations.
- Any information that could potentially identify a participant (e.g., name, address, place of employment, social security number, zip code) will not be collected by, or transmitted to our sponsor.
- The information respondent provides to us will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be aggregated with other participants.
- Only the consolidated results will be presented to the sponsor of the study, in order to provide an overview of the attitudes in the therapeutic areas that are the subject of this study. No answer can be attributed to respondent by name.
Third Parties and Data Transfer across Borders:
You can be assured that we will protect your privacy. We will not make your personal information available to anyone without your agreement unless it is for research purposes only or if required by law. This includes your name and e-mail address.
We may share your personal data with companies within our group or vendors to fulfil data processing requirements, e.g. data matching, third party service providers, online ad effectiveness measurement, social media data interactions, scientific publication, pharmacovigilance/safety follow up. Where these transfers are across borders or outside the EEA we shall put safeguards in place to ensure the transfer is made by a legitimate method for the purposes of EU data protection law and secure.
Your personal information may be collected, stored, transferred or processed by our sister companies, or 3rd party service providers for research-related purposes, such as data processing, and fulfilment of incentives. They are all contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us or, we collect and disclose to them, confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are equivalent to our own.
Security of Personal Data
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access to your personal data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties. We cannot guarantee, however, that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
Third Party Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website contains links to a number of websites that we believe offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those websites. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Accuracy of Personal Data
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you would like to correct, modify or delete your personal data, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
International Transfers of Personal Data
By using this website, you consent to the transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data among our affiliated companies and non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. Unimrkt Research’s service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Retention of Your Personal Data
In general, we will delete the personal data we collected from you if they are no longer necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were originally collected. However, we may be required to store your personal data for a longer period due to statutory provisions as indicated in terms of agreement.
In addition, we will not delete all of your personal data if you requested from us to refrain from recontacting you in the future. For this purpose, Unimrkt Research keeps records which contain information on people who do not want to be re-contacted in the future (e.g. by means of bulk emailing or recruiting campaigns for market research projects). We qualify your request as consent to store your personal data for the purpose of such record keeping unless you instruct us otherwise.
Access to Personal Data
We will make available to you the personal data about you in our custody or control that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law.
To request access to personal information that we hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill the requested information within 30 days, including requests regarding the personal data we have in our possession or control about the individual, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
In certain situations, however, we may not be able to give individuals access to all or some of their personal data. If we deny an individual's request for access to their personal data, we will advise the individual of the reason for the refusal.
Changes to this Policy